Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Upside Down

I really wanted Ned to participate in "the Sketchbook Project" with me, so we got him a book. He has a real talent for drawing and I always want him to draw more then he actually feel like. So then of course, the deadline was closing in and I was working on my book, and tried to get him to work on his, but he just didn't want to.

Eventually, we decided to make a collaboration out of that book, and mix Ned's photography with my drawings. Since time was running out, I thought that doing 12 pages in 3 or 4 days would be possible, but then I had the great idea of using tracing paper between each photographic print and do something with the half transparency. Which means - 24 pages instead of 12...

And so he past couple of days were super busy trying to finish it by today, but... it's done! And now, Ned and I are going to walk to the Brooklyn Art library to deliver the book.














1 comment:

  1. WOW! That's an incredible lot of work but the results are very interesting!

    I tried to do something like that in one of the moleskines once, but was not pleased with it--these are so cool. (I may want to try again.

    ReplyDelete